Saturday, August 1, 2009

Tentative Rating Decisions

I recently received a letter from the DAV stating that the BVA has reached some tentative decisions. They have granted service connection for my facial acne at 10% which surprises me because I was expecting 0%. I'm also getting about 9 years back pay on that.

They granted 30% service connection for my bipolar disorder but only back dated it to 2007. I sent a letter to them protesting that and stating that they should back date it to when I filed my claim for Depression. If I have to appeal this to the veterans court of appeals it will take several more years to get my money, it will be worth less then due to inflation, and I will have to split it with a lawyer. So, no matter what the eventual outcome is, I will lose money if I have to appeal this in court!

I don't have an effective date yet on the 10% increase on my right shoulder. I got 0% for gastritis secondary to the bipolar disorder. The effective date is the exact same as the bipolar disorder.

I sent a letter to the DAV asking them how to get the evidence of TMJ Disorder reconsidered because I can't afford to go through more testing to prove that I have it. I'm still waiting on a reply.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home